Thursday, November 21, 2013

Where have the cuts gone?

Cool temperature (24 degrees F), fresh snow, thick fog, perfectly calm water, few people on the lake, but no cutthroats. It was the perfect day for fishing but for whatever reason, I just couldn't catch any cuts! I'm not sure why, but the last few weeks at strawberry reservoir the cuts seem to have disappeared. All I've been catching are the recently stocked rainbow trout. 
I did have a monster cut follow my lure in one time, probably could have been my new record! 
I caught three rainbows using my favorite Lucky Craft pointer.
I caught five more rainbows with the Kastmaster lure above. This lure seems to be money when it is cloudy.
JOE'S TIP OF THE DAY

My favorite Lucky Craft Pointer lures are on sale right now at the Scheels in Sandy, UT. They usually cost $16 at every different fishing store, but I found them $9.99 at Scheels this week. An employee said they bought too many so they dropped the prices to sell them! I've never seen them at this price before!  They are leaving the shelves quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment