Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ice Fishing is Coming Soon

Ice fishing is just around the corner! If you are looking to fish at Strawberry Reservoir before the ice comes, you better hurry. With many day time high's below freezing temperatures, the ice has already started forming around most edges.  
I went fishing with Terry and Daniel. Fishing reports have been mixed at Strawberry lately. From my experience, fishing has slowed down quite a bit. If you fish long enough and move around, you can find fish. This fishing trip we only had a couple hours to fish. I started out catching a nice cutthroat on a Lucky Craft Pointer. 
Terry was reluctant to use a Lucky Craft Pointer until he watched me catch a fish with one. Then he caught a nice rainbow trout. After Terry and I each caught one, Daniel switched to a Lucky Craft Pointer and finally was able to catch a fish. Daniel caught a nice rainbow trout as well.
JOE'S TIP OF THE DAY

Lately I've been catching most my fish in shallow water, between 2-10 feet deep. The water at Strawberry Reservoir is super low this year so you can access areas that would normally be harder to get to. However, I have noticed lots of seaweed around the shorelines. As you reel in your lures, reel in a little quicker as you get closer to shore to avoid snags! 

No comments:

Post a Comment