Thursday, August 29, 2013

Smith and Morehouse

Last week I went to Smith and Morehouse with Mike and his two kids Luxie, and Quinlin! I have only been to this lake one other time. I did not catch anything the first time because it stormed most of the day so I was excited to go again!
By the time I met Mike and his kids at the lake, they had already caught a couple fish!  I met Mike and his kids around 0715 hours in the morning. With the summer heat, I was hoping to get a shot at catching some fish early in the morning.
While I tried typical trout lures, Luxie and Quinlin continued to catch fish on their special poles!
It soon became obvious, you needed a princess pole or a spider man pole to catch fish.
Mike set his kid's poles up with a sinker, and a treble hook with garlic powerbait. This fish they caught came with a free lure and bobber!
Powerbait is another good method for catching fish with children. There are different ways to rig a line for power bait. The best way I have seen is by using a water bubble. First, put a water bubble on the line above a swivel, fill the bubble with water, then add some line to the swivel, add a treble hook with power bait and you are set!
Mike decided he wanted in on the action! 
Mike's kids finished with eight rainbow trout!
JOE'S TIP OF THE DAY

If you fish with children, make sure you bring snacks for when the fishing is slow. Also, Mike's kids caught all the fish on garlic and corn flavored power bait. It's illegal to fish with corn, but corn flavored power bait is okay. If you have questions, always double check the fishing proclamation before you fish!



No comments:

Post a Comment