Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weather is changing


I made it up to Strawberry one time each of the last two weeks.  The weather was completely opposite last week then it was the previous week. However, both weeks resulted in excellent fishing!

Although I prefer fishing on days with beautiful blue skies and moderate temperatures, I actually caught more fish when I fished during the snow storm last week! 
Both weeks I started off using the classic tube jig but did not catch a fish. Once I put on a lucky craft pointer, I started getting hits quite frequently. 
 For those of you who still aren't sold on the lucky craft pointer, don't give up! Last week I caught three rainbows, and eight cutthroat trout using the three inch lure. Ten out of the eleven fish were eighteen inches or larger! 
I fished for about four hours and had well over thirty hits on the lure. If you have not tried lure fishing, then you are missing out on the joy of feeling a fish slam your lure while you are reeling it in! 

Two weeks ago when I fished, I caught four on the lucky craft pointer, and three on a gold "Jake" lure. I've mentioned Jake lures before and that's because they seem to always be consistent in bringing in fish at many different waters!
JOE'S TIP OF THE DAY

Stormy weather scares many fisherman away. The fishing however can be quite good. Often times fish will start feeding before or after a storm!




No comments:

Post a Comment