Sunday, July 7, 2013

Welcome to Joe's Fishing Files!

Welcome to Joe's Fishing Files! To start things off, I figured I would start with the fish that started my fishing obsession! A few years back, I went fishing at Strawberry Reservoir for some fall, evening fishing. I got on the lake in my float tube in the middle of the afternoon. My bait that day was a 3" salt and pepper tube jig. Prior to this fishing trip I had learned a little about how to use a tube jig. I learned the jigs sink about a foot/second. So, you cast the jig out, count however many seconds as you want it deep, then reel it in. I tried this method out and within the first five minutes of being in the water, I hooked my record catch!

JOE'S TIP OF THE DAY

Fish often hit lures or baits at odd moments. 
With this fish, I stopped reeling in to adjust my seating position,
 then the fish hit the jig. It was game on at that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment